This year's festive recipe was provided to us by a wonderful client. She has many yummy recipes and had a wonderful suggestion of making a family recipe book for loved ones. Enjoy this festive treat and let us know what you think!
We’ve also made a festive printable PDF version for you to download.
• 1 cup butter
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 cup coarsly crushed candy canes
• 1/4 cup powdered sugar to coat
• 1/2 cup coarsly crushed candy canes to sprinkle on top
*Preheat oven to 325 degrees
1. Beat together butter and powdered sugar until creamy.
2. Add in vanilla.
3. Add the flour, rolled oats and salt. Mix well.
4. Stir in crushed candy canes.
5. Roll rounded teaspoon of dough in 3/4 inch balls.
6. Roll in powdered sugar to coat.
7. Place balls about 2 inches apart on a greased and floured cookie sheet.
8. With a fork, flatten cookies in an “X” pattern.
9. Sprinkle each with a 1/2 tsp of crushed candy cane.
10. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
11. Let cool for about 2 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack.
This article has been prepared and distributed for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation or an offer to buy any security or investment or to participate in any trading strategy. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable; however, their accuracy or completeness cannot be guaranteed. This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax, legal or investment planning advice as individual situations will vary. For specific advice about your situation, please consult with a financial professional. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.