Holiday Recipe: Mary’s Candy Cane Crisps
This year's festive recipe was provided to us by a wonderful client. She has many yummy recipes and had a wonderful suggestion of making a family recipe book for loved ones. Enjoy this festive treat and let us know what you think!
We’ve also made a festive printable PDF version for you to download.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coarsely crushed candy canes
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar to coat
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed candy canes to sprinkle on top
*Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Beat together butter and powdered sugar until creamy.
- Add in vanilla.
- Add the flour, rolled oats and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in crushed candy canes.
- Roll rounded teaspoon of dough in 3/4 inch balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar to coat.
- Place balls about 2 inches apart on a greased and floured cookie sheet.
- With a fork, flatten cookies in an “X” pattern.
- Sprinkle each with a 1/2 tsp of crushed candy cane.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool for about 2 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack.
Schedule a complimentary, no-pressure phone call with a CWM financial advisor to learn if our breadth of consulting services and purpose-driven approach aligns with your needs.