Holiday Recipe: Earl Grey Tea Shortbread Cookies
Simple, adaptable, and delicious - the holiday season is the perfect backdrop for these warm, cozy, and inviting cookies!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons loose Earl Grey tea leaves (usually about 3 tea packets)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup powdered or confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) room temperature butter
- In a food processor (or in a large bowl using your hands) pulse together the flour, tea, and salt, until the tea is just spotted through. Add the confectioner’s sugar, vanilla and butter. Work the mixture until a dough is formed. Place dough on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a log, about 2 ½ inches in diameter. Tightly twist each end of wrap and chill in refrigerator about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Slice the log into 1/3 inch disks. Place on parchment or silpat lined baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake until the edges are just brown, about 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks and cool to room temperature.
- Loose Leaf Chai Tea or Green Tea Matcha powder also work really well in this recipe.
- Orange or Lemon Extract to enhance the citrus of the bergamot is delightful.
Festive printable PDF version for you to download.
Schedule a complimentary, no-pressure phone call with a CWM financial advisor to learn if our breadth of consulting services and purpose-driven approach aligns with your needs.